How I changed my life, career and bank account by merely crossing the Hudson.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's a breeze!

I just flew a terrific 4 day trip with Sharlene and Leslie . Leslie is a s-CO f/a who has been on reserve for several years. She happily helped Sharlene and I navigate our trip. I was the lead and Sharlene was the B. Leslie as the C picked up the slack, kept us up to date on any differences and answered operational questions as needed.
Operational differences can be significant. At S-UA pilots make the seat belt announcement, at S-CO it's the other way around. It took me several legs to get into the  habit of making the announcement. Another significant difference for me was the bells that continually ring on the 737. Pilot alerts, passenger call buttons and f/a calls all sound alike at least to my untrained ear. Thank heavens for Leslie who alerted us to the differences so that I wasn't making the wrong announcement at the wrong time. Actually I did, but passengers and crew all had a sense of humor so we just kept moving along.
We had long layovers in Austin where we shopped for Cowboy Boots 
and visited the local firehouse.
 We enjoyed over 20 hours in New Orleans at a hotel near Bourbon Street. Of course we had to gorge ourselves on Crayfish
 and Oysters.
The hotels were nice, comfortable and smartly located. The differences in the inflight procedures are easy to negotiate. Let's face it, getting the passengers and their bags settled and the bins closed on time are the most difficult part of any trip. With everyone working together it became easy peasy!

All text and photos are property of Cross Checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment