How I changed my life, career and bank account by merely crossing the Hudson.

Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Wish

I am being ask three important questions this year; 
  1. Am I cooking Christmas dinner?
  2. What is for dinner?
  3. What time is dinner?  
I'm endlessly replying that I don't know. I live by the whims of scheduling. But this year I am planning for an Old Fashion Christmas. Just like in the days when I held a line my lovely assistants and I have placed the holly is on the mantle, decorated the tree and laid the fire. We are expecting 20 family members and I am hoping against hope the phone doesn't ring. So please scheduling, take me off your list and forget about me. 
In an effort to thwart fate, we've planned Christmas dinner for December 23rd. (In true airline employee style.) We are laying the table, building a home made dessert buffet and putting the roast beef in the oven. I've hung the stockings on the chimney with care in hopes that I'll still be here.
But just in case you decide to give me a ring my able assistants are trained to carry on in my absence.
The weather is forecast to be sunny and cold. There is no need to call me dear scheduling.
 I promise if my Christmas dream comes true I'll take back all the rotten things I said about you in the past year. I'll even remove that picture of Freddy that appears when you call and I'll fly anywhere with nary a complaint. I'm counting on you, please don't let me down.
Happy Christmas to all Flight Attendants everywhere and may all your Christmas dreams come true.


All texts and photos are property of Cross Checked.


No comments:

Post a Comment