How I changed my life, career and bank account by merely crossing the Hudson.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Vacation

 It's a tough choice. Whether to work through your vacation and earn gobs of money or travel abroad and spend gobs of money. What's a crossover to do? Well this crossover traveled because for me vacation is a therapeutic experience. Just when I think I'm  going to pull my hair out and run for the closest exit vacation comes along and I have time to re-energize.
That's the beauty of vacation, it exists to excite your imagination and change the venue of your life.  My most recent vacation I spent in Vichy, France with friends. 
We cooked and ate the most marvelous things. I practiced my french, had lunch with a couple who live in an 11th century tower (How cool is that?) 
 and helped cater a brunch for 20 people. I tried the most amazing walnut oil made by Brigitte(the woman from the tower), picked blackberries along the road, slept in a dove cote, and renewed a friendship with a 75 year old woman that only speaks french and cooks like Paul Bocuse. 
Did I mention that every meal is at least 3 courses in France? An entree begins the meal, the  plat is then served, followed by cheese and a sweet. No wonder I put on a few pounds. But worthy pounds. Pounds that have pleasure in every dimple of cellulite. 
It was difficult but I left the  well manicured ancient buildings of France for the softly crumbling monuments of Rome. Delicious, luscious and raucous Rome. I found myself lusting for gelato, sfogliatelle and goblets of red wine alongside mounds of creamy pasta. Could life be any better? I don't think so, I have the best of all worlds. Next time I may or may not work through my vacation, who knows. But I'm grateful to have the ability to choose. 

All texts and photos are property of CrossChecked

No comments:

Post a Comment